The Executive Assistant is responsible for a wide-range of administrative functions requiring the highest levels of accountability and confidentiality. This position provides on site services essential to the mission of the organization and the day-to-day-operation of the Executive Office of the President, to include scheduling, logistical and administrative support for the President and executive team.
Calendar coordination and management
- Manages President’s day-to-day electronic schedule.
- On behalf of the President, schedules appointments and other commitments. Provides supporting documents and context for meetings in preparation for scheduled meetings.
Travel coordination and support
- Develops itineraries and agendas for assigned executives, books transportation, arranges lodging, meeting space, meals and accommodations.
Meeting Planning support
- Assists with coordination and execution of company meetings, corporate events and planning sessions.
- Attends SLT L10 Meetings and provides support and note taking/documentation.
- Assistance with day-to-day correspondence on behalf of the President via phone, email, memo, etc, and filters outside requests for information.
- Creates content and support for presentations, memos and other communications using software, video, images and other technology.
- Organizes electronic and paper files for easy and efficient access and retrieval.
- Requests updates and information from senior team and others as needed including gathering metrics, measurements and other data by department.
- Manages expense reports for Senior team
Research and special project support
- Conducts research for selected projects as requested by the President
- Reports directly to the President. This position does not directly supervise any other employees. This position assists the President and other members of the executive team to leverage their time and provides liaison between key executives, Watkins Corporate, employees and business associates.
- 2-year college degree or equivalent work experience AND 5+ years of administrative assistant work for a company executive or related experience in a related role. Preference given to candidates with experience supporting a leader in a Manufacturing setting.
- Must work onsite at Brainerd work site, with regular travel required to Coon Rapids location and off site work meeting locations as requested.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and use good judgment in making independent decisions with a high degree of tact and diplomacy.
- Strong technical skills and proficiency in use of Microsoft office applications including Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint. Ability to learn other software as needed.
- Excellent communication, writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with executives, interact and communicate with individuals at all levels, internal and external to the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meeting deadlines, to coordinate a high volume of diverse assignments and remain flexible and composed.
- Excellent anticipatory and organizational skills