This full-time position will perform administrative and professional Human Resources duties for employees at the Brainerd manufacturing facility. With direction from HR Director, duties are primarily focused on taking care of our people: employment (hiring, onboarding), compensation and benefits administration, employee relations and overall employee engagement support. This individual will be the sole on-site contact for the facility of approximately 100 employees.
What You’ll Love
- High visibility and regular contact with employees and job applicants.
- Working on a small HR team to build and improve our processes.
- Partnering with Brainerd leaders to problem solve and be part of the continued growth and change with our company.
- A family-focused work environment that is positive and fun.
Some realities of this position
- Expect to be busy to help us hire and retain great employees.
- You’ll be interacting regularly with job applicants and internal staff via phone, email and in person.
- We are a growing company and as a result have growing HR needs.
- Works on site in Brainerd, and a member of an HR team located in Coon Rapids.
About working for Lexington Manufacturing
Lexington is a highly successful family owned business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement. People that work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance. We like to be successful and we like to have fun. Lexington is highly respected by our customers as a responsive and very reliable supplier. Our people take pride in maintaining our good reputation.
- Partners with local managers to fill job openings
- Candidate sourcing/recruitment – creates job postings and advertisements to attract qualified candidates. Works with temporary agencies as needed.
- Applicant screening – contacts applicants and conducts phone and/or in-person interviews and helps to determines if qualified
- Hiring coordination – coordinates interviews and follow up with candidates. Creates offer letters and sets up background check.
- New hire set up: tracks all required forms needed for hiring, and sets up new employee information in HRIS. Conducts new hire orientation to create positive experience for new hire.
- Conducts new hire orientation and makes employee announcements, takes employee pictures, conduct tours, and makes introductions.
- Stays connected with all employees to help monitor employee engagement and satisfaction
- Responds to employee issues and concerns in a timely fashion.
- Investigate HR issues and partners with managers to deliver disciplinary action when necessary.
- Provide coaching to managers on HR matters and handling employee issues
- Assists with employee relations matters at other Lexington locations if needed
- Responsible to support and promote a positive Lexington work environment and culture, in order to improve employee engagement levels
- Assists with job description creation and updates as needed
- Assists with annual wage forecast completion process
- Supports safety program and coordinates assigned projects related as assigned.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
- Tracks employee workers compensation cases for Brainerd and follows up with employees, manager, insurance company and other HR staff as needed.
- Carries out Lexington, HR and employment policies and procedures
- Ensure law posters are updated and posted.
- Administers local recognition and rewards programs (e.g. logo bucks, chamber bucks)
- Special meeting/event coordination/preparation. Quarterly meeting, company parties and other employee events: creates presentations, communications, meal coordination. Including helping with set up and room preparation.
- Communicates directly with managers and employees – delivers news in timely and clear manner so that information is understood.
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Reports directly to the HR Director
- Serves as the primary and only on-site HR resource for all employees at the Brainerd manufacturing facility with support from HR staff in Coon Rapids
- Associates degree in HR or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years minimum of progressively responsible HR work experience in a similar role. Must have experience with conducting interviews and coordinating selection process as well as employee relations experience that includes successful handling of challenging situations that involved discipline and termination.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, please apply online and submit a cover letter along with your resume by
clicking on the button below to apply.