Mission; Building Relationships, Creating Solutions, Delivering Value
Our Core Values: Team, Can Do, Our Word, Growth, People
Operational Excellence Mission: Apply a disciplined approach to analyze data, support continuous improvement, and exceed our customer’s expectations.
Job Description – Knowledge Management and Training Coordinator
Department: Operational Excellence
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Director, Operational Excellence
Primary Location: Coon Rapids or Brainerd Site Location and WFH on occasion
Travel: 20% travel between manufacturing plant locations in Coon Rapids and Brainerd, MN
Purpose and Scope
The Knowledge Management and Training Coordinator serves as an individual contributor requiring some oversight to support knowledge management and training administrative needs across Lexington Manufacturing. This key contributor supports building an impactful knowledge management and training capability for the organization and meeting Lexington Manufacturing’s Strategic Objectives. They uphold and honor our Core Values by setting an example in their work and ethics at the highest standard for safety, quality and productivity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
High Level Accountabilities
- Responsible for providing administrative support for the Knowledge Management and Training team.
- Communicates effectively and regularly to promote clear communication and teamwork.
- Creatively addresses constraints and challenges to ensure timely execution of deliverables.
- Effective steward of resources in the execution of responsibilities to maximize organizational financial performance.
5.Maintains positive, respectful and productive working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate flexibility to provide support activities within the Operational Excellence organization that are required to meet the needs of our internal and external customers
- Provides direct knowledge management and training administrative support for Lexington Manufacturing organization by serving our multi-site and multi-shift organization in Coon Rapids, MN and Brainerd, MN
- Serve as a Learning Management System Administrator to become a subject matter expert (SME) in the use of this technology to serve organization.
- Directly support the Lexington Manufacturing Training Intake requests to understand need and coordinate next steps for review, approval and processing in coordination with requestor and direct manager.
- Directly support training scheduling, registration, testing, survey creation and communications in coordination with direct manager and instructors.
- Directly support training data extraction, analysis and report needs for internal and external customers and deliver to customer.
- Directly support knowledge management documentation creation or update requests and support the execution of those requests.
- Directly support knowledge management data extraction, analysis and report needs for internal and external customers and deliver to customer.
- Provide direct support of facilitators for live or webinar training facilitation as required
- Support the improvement of the Knowledge Management and Training Infrastructure build and documentation retention including processes, standard operating procedures and metrics.
- Support external vendor training program coordination.
- Direct support of training supplies selection and procurement with various vendors for Operational Excellence programs (including training, process improvement and quality assurance).
Qualifications and Education
Minimum requirements of education and experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment to perform the job.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with confidence with all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have at least 1 year of experience in an administrative support role in manufacturing or service industry.
- Must have direct experience creating and managing technical documentation in any service or manufacturing environment
- Temperament to take on difficult, complex and involved work in a professional manner.
- Determination and persistence to see a task through to completion.
Education and Certifications
- A high school diploma is required
- Administrative training program preferred, including:
– Written and verbal communications
– Time management
– Managing difficult conversations
- Lean Manufacturing training preferred
- Six Sigma training experience preferred
- Project Management training preferred
- Smartsheet experience preferred