Mission; Building Relationships, Creating Solutions, Delivering Value
Our Core Values: Team, Can Do, Our Word, Growth, People
Operational Excellence Mission: Apply a disciplined approach to analyze data, support continuous improvement, and exceed our customer’s expectations.
Job Description – Knowledge Management and Training Manager
Department: Operational Excellence
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Director, Operational Excellence
Primary Location: Coon Rapids or Brainerd Site Location and WFH on occasion
Travel: 20% travel between manufacturing plant locations in Coon Rapids and Brainerd, MN
Purpose and Scope
The Knowledge Management and Training Manager serves as a people leader and subject matter expert in instructional design, training delivery and content management. They enthusiastically serve as the lead to build an impactful knowledge management and training capability for Lexington Manufacturing. This leader requiring minimal oversight, is a positive contributor in meeting Lexington Manufacturing’s Strategic Objectives. They uphold and honor our Core Values by setting an example in their work and ethics at the highest standard for safety, quality and productivity.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
High Level Accountabilities
1.Responsible for leading the Knowledge Management and Training team.
2.Serves as a key leader to drive training assessment, training design and impactful training delivery across the organization.
- Serves as key leader to drive standard content management (content creation, content updates, content communication and content retention).
- Communicates effectively and regularly to promote clear direction, good communication, teamwork, and people involvement.
- Creatively addresses constraints and challenges to ensure timely execution of deliverables.
- Effective steward of resources in the execution of responsibilities to maximize organizational financial performance.
7.Maintains positive, respectful and productive working relationships with all key stakeholders.
- Demonstrate flexibility to provide support activities within the Operational Excellence organization that are required to meet the needs of our internal and external customers
- Provides direct knowledge management and training leadership for Lexington Manufacturing organization by serving our multi-site and multi-shift organization in Coon Rapids, MN and Brainerd, MN
- Serve as a people leader to lead team of Knowledge Management and Training staff
- Serve as Learning Management System Administrator to become a subject matter expert (SME) in the use of this technology to serve organization.
- Review training needs, evaluate training deployment strategies, prioritize training opportunities, design training and execute delivery of funded and prioritized training.
- Deliver training in a variety methods across the organization in person, by webinar or in recording training sessions.
- Support training scheduling, registration, testing, survey creation and communications.
- Support training data extraction, analysis and reporting needs for internal and external use.
- Support knowledge management requests and support the execution of those requests.
- Support knowledge management data extraction, analysis and reporting needs for internal and external use.
- Drive the improvement of the Knowledge Management and Training Infrastructure build and documentation retention including processes, standard operating procedures and metrics.
- Provide strategic insights as current training and knowledge management capability is evaluated for alignment across Lexington manufacturing to achieve a standard, effective and efficient system.
- Build relationships and support external vendor interactions in support of training needs of various programs or training requests.
- Serve as an Operational Excellence thought leader to advise and support tactical and strategic activities
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum requirements of education and experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment to perform the job.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with confidence with all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must have at least 2 years of people/supervisory leadership experience
- Must have 3 to 5 years working in a manufacturing environment with demonstrated success in the completion of training design and training delivery offerings
- Must have direct experience creating and managing technical documentation in any service or manufacturing environment
- Temperament to take on difficult, complex and involved work in a professional manner.
- Determination and persistence to see a task through to completion.
Education and Certifications
- A Bachelor’s degree is required (Master’s preferred) in Education, Liberal Studies, Business, or related field required
- Formal Instructional Design and Delivery training certificate preferred
- Formal Technical Writing training certificate preferred
- Formal supervisor training certificate preferred
- Lean Manufacturing training preferred
- Six Sigma training experience preferred
- Project Management training preferred
- Smartsheet experience preferred