Lexington Manufacturing, LLC., Coon Rapids, MN (Minneapolis)
Organizational Relationship: Reports to Operations Manager
Purpose and Scope
The Master Black Belt professional serves as the subject matter expert in Lean Six Sigma methodology who with minimal oversight, is a positive contributor in meeting Lexington Manufacturing’s Strategic Objectives. They uphold and honor our Core Values by setting an example in their work and ethics at the highest standard for safety, quality and productivity. They are enthusiastic change agents, leading team members across all functional areas and at all levels of the organization through improvement activities with a steady hand. They provide support through mentoring, training and guidance as needed, across functional lines, as they contribute to bottom line growth through good stewardship of company resources and creatively solving and preventing problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities includes but is not limited to:
- Establishes the highest standard of workplace safety.
- Communicates effectively and regularly to promote clear direction, good communication, teamwork, and people involvement.
- Mentors by sharing knowledge and providing guidance to team members.
- Provides training opportunities to build team competence.
- Is a leader in the support to continuous improvement activities.
- Uses team based problem solving techniques to identify root causes and implement permanent resolutions.
- Creatively addresses constraints and challenges to ensure timely execution of deliverables.
- Effective steward of resources in the execution of responsibilities to maximize organizational financial performance.
- Maintains positive, respectful and productive working relationships with all stakeholders.
- Is link between LSS program and senior leadership.
- Responsible for achieving strategic non-capital improvement goal (your EOS number) as well as other strategic objectives as defined and assigned by leadership.
- Owner of the Lexington Way training Responsible for implementation and management of Lexington Way training program (MBB, BB, GB YB training).
- Leads effort across functional areas to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Review, evaluate and prioritize process improvement opportunities and present to leadership to gain alignment.
- Work with business leaders to identify and manage a strategically aligned portfolio of projects.
- Manage LSS projects to successful conclusions.
- Give professional guidance to and mentor team members
- Maintain detailed records of all LSS projects
- Develop and maintain capability to serve multi-shift environment.
Minimum requirements of education and experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment, etc. required to perform the job.
- Ability to communicate with skill to all levels of the organization
- Must have strong time management, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience with quality concepts and tools such as value stream mapping, business process redesign, kaizen, continuous improvement, lean principles, cycle time reduction.
- Strong, demonstrated success in the application of Lean Six Sigma principles in a manufacturing environment.
- Project management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Temperament to take on difficult, complex and involved work in a professional manner.
- Good judgment
- Initiative and determination to see a task through to completion.
- Comprehensive understanding of world class manufacturing principles
- Knowledge and experience working in a Lean culture
- Lead by example with a hands-on approach.
Education, Experience, Certifications
- A Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Engineering, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success as certified Lean Six Sigma leader.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification preferred. Will consider Black Belt certification.
- Experience in EOS preferred.
- PMP certification desirable.
About working for Lexington Manufacturing
Lexington is a highly successful family owned business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement. People that work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance. We like to be successful and we like to have fun. Lexington is highly respected by our customers as a responsive and very reliable supplier. Our people take pride in maintaining our good reputation.
How to Apply
Click on the button below to apply.