This hourly position sets up and operates automated and semi-automated wood processing machinery.
What You’ll Love
- Working with your hands and with machines and being productive
- A four day workweek!
- A shift differential for working 2nd shift!
- Working in a lean environment to drive change and success in all parts of our business.
- A family oriented work environment that is flexible and fun.
Some realities of this position
- Works in a plant/warehouse environment in Brainerd where safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed boots are required (provided by Lexington).
- Our customers have high expectations of us and we place a high value on meeting those expectations. We will rely on you to come to work, be productive, and meet or exceed production expectations so we can take care of our customers.
- Lexington takes safety very seriously and we expect all employees to work safely.
- Setup and operate automated and semi-automated wood processing machinery (laminating and sanding equipment)
- Handles, feeds, inspects and packages raw and finished wood parts.
- Uses computers and computerized equipment
- Communicates regularly with other team members
- Follows company policies and processes involving safety regulations, quality procedures, work instructions, documentation and requirements of material transactions.
- We will train you! You will learn to run machines and equipment such as micrometers and calipers, and get cross trained in other production cells as you get more experience and show proficiency.
- Training will be conducted for a number of weeks before you start on your own.
- Previous machinist/machine operator experience preferred, but not required.
- Comfortable working in a manufacturing environment, working with wood products
- Reliable and punctual to work scheduled shifts, and maintain good attendance
- Strong mechanical skills/aptitude and ability to learn and use computerized equipment
- Able to read measuring devices and tools, and read and follow instructions.
- Good math skills – able to work with numbers and to accurately process information.
- Must be able to stand or walk continuously for extended periods of time
- 2nd Shift 4:15pm – 2:25am Sunday through Thursday with possible overtime!
- Steel Toed Boots are required – Lexington offers a work boot allowance to employees.
About working for Lexington Manufacturing
Lexington Manufacturing makes a multitude of engineered wood components for windows, doors, and other millwork and related industries, as well as fire-rated door components for the commercial and residential door industry. Lexington was established in 1981 and has facilities in Brainerd and Coon Rapids
Lexington is a highly successful, family owned business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty/Integrity, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction, and Continuous Improvement. People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance. We like to be successful and we like to have fun. Lexington is highly respected by our customers as a responsive and very reliable supplier. Our people take pride in maintaining our good reputation.
How to Apply
Click on the button below to apply.