We are currently seeking an experienced Maintenance Equipment Mechanic for 3rd shift
What You’ll Love
- Working with your hands and with machines and being productive
- A four day workweek!
- Working in a lean environment to drive change and success in all parts of our business.
- A family oriented work environment that is flexible and fun.
Some realities of this position
- Works in a plant/warehouse environment in Coon Rapids where safety glasses, ear plugs and steel toed boots are required (provided by Lexington).
- Our customers have high expectations of us and we place a high value on meeting those expectations. We will rely on you to come to work, be productive, and meet or exceed production expectations so we can take care of our customers.
- Lexington takes safety very seriously and we expect all employees to work safely.
- Performs a variety of maintenance duties which requires a high degree of technical ability and or are complex in nature. Responsibilities may include, but not limited to, installation, maintenance and repair of a variety of production machines/equipment/tools and building maintenance.
- Performs maintenance and troubleshoot on equipment/machine malfunction, to include electrical and mechanical issues, which may require dismantling machine and clean, adjust/repair/replace defective parts and tests the machine to ensure it is running properly.
- To maintain equipment may fabricate machine guards, install or repair conveyers, replace motors, tear down or replace pumps, gear boxes, maintain fluid collection and or repair electro-mechanical equipment.
- Performs building maintenance to include, but not limited to, plumbing, mechanical and electrical issues, dust collector, machine, equipment and furniture installation, remodeling, light bulbs replacement, roofing issues, etc.
- Perform periodic preventive maintenance and inspection checks on equipment, machine tools and building equipment to include but not limited to, forklift, production and CNC machines, saws, hand tools, measuring devices, extension cords, fire extinguishers, cranes, and alarms, exit lights, sprinkler system, dust collector, heating and A/C unit belts and filters, etc.
- May uses forklift to move and transport material, machines, equipment, etc
- May handle some hazardous materials to include paint, lubricants, cleaners, oil, gas, etc. Trained on use and storage of hazardous materials.
- 2 year technical degree or 5 years previous experience or a combination thereof.
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Requires mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining, welding, electrical , plumbing and building maintenance experience preferred.
- Ability to use all types of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices.
- Ability to set up VFD and troubleshoot electrical control and wiring problems.
- Able to troubleshoot 110, 208 and 480v 1ph and 3ph circuits.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maintenance instructions, manuals, prints, mechanical blueprints and electrical/pneumatic schematics.
- Must possess computer experience or ability to be trained.
- 3rd Shift 9pm – 7:05am Monday through Thursday with possible overtime!
- Steel Toed Boots are required – Lexington offers a work boot allowance to employees.
About working for Lexington Manufacturing
Lexington Manufacturing makes a multitude of engineered wood components for windows, doors, and other millwork and related industries, as well as fire-rated door components for the commercial and residential door industry. Lexington was established in 1981 and has facilities in Brainerd and Coon Rapids
Lexington is a highly successful, family owned business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty/Integrity, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction, and Continuous Improvement. People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance. We like to be successful and we like to have fun. Lexington is highly respected by our customers as a responsive and very reliable supplier. Our people take pride in maintaining our good reputation.
How to Apply
Click on the button below to apply.