Technical expert of Lexington manufacturing capabilities who provides technical advisement for new product design, testing and evaluation, as well as developing manufacturing methods, costs, tooling and equipment for new products.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development and R & D effort to introduce new products to Lexington and oversee the design, testing, and evaluation of assigned projects.
- Assist in the generation of quality specifications for a product family, in developing and implementing manufacturing methods, costing, tooling, and equipment to support the manufacture of new products.
- Lead projects through the Product Development Phase Gate process to ensure successful completion to time and budget goals.
- Provide technical support for management, customers, production and maintenance.
- Evaluate new materials and products that can improve current product performance.
- Prepare engineering change orders for Product Development projects.
- Collaborate with Engineering, Quality and Manufacturing on Product Development projects.
- Lead and coordinate Fire testing projects both R&D and 3rd party certification.
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements of education & experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment, etc. required to perform the job).
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline. 5+ years experience in manufacturing or project management or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, prints, or government regulations.
- Excellent communication skills to write reports, business correspondence, instructions and procedures.
- Analytical skills to evaluate different materials and compounds to improve product cost, performance and quality.
- Proficiency in defining problems, collecting data, establishing facts, and drawing valid conclusions. Knowledge of SPC, Root Cause analysis, DoE and FMEA.
- Proficiency with utilizing computer systems/software for manufacturing support and related functions including using AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access.
- Proven ability to use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected.
- Proven ability to work positively on a team, and to function well under general work pressure.
- Ability to learn the Lexington manufacturing process and to establish a time standard for each operation.
- Excellent organizational skills and an eye for detail.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
This position requires the ability to work at a desk in an office setting and on the production floor and in different locations of the facility. The production area is in a warehouse environment with varying hot and cold temperatures. Due to loud noise and dust levels, hearing and eye protection is required (and provided by Lexington). The conditions and material used may be dusty or dirty at times.
This position requires varying degrees of standing, walking, lifting, bending, twisting and reaching with hands/arms. The position requires use of vision to inspect materials, product and machines. May require travel to customer sites on occasion.