Quality Assurance Engineer
NOW HIRING: Quality Assurance Engineer based in our Coon Rapids, MN Location
M-F: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM
An experienced individual to joining a high performing Quality Assurance organization supporting and driving specific Quality Management System (QMS) activity to support the overall improvement of manufacturing of door and window components at Lexington Manufacturing.
What You’ll Love
- Leading the Coon Rapids quality assurance support through internal and external customer engagement to support process improvement.
- Driving problem resolution – analyzing data, equipment and processes.
- Partnering with a talented Operational Excellence team.
- Our family-oriented work environment that is flexible and fun.
Some Realities of this position
- This position supports our Coon Rapids, MN manufacturing plant focused on manufacturing products made of a variety of materials and manufactured by a variety of equipment sets.
- Our customers have high expectations and we consistently strive to meet those expectations.
- Internal and external customers require the ability to carefully balance competing demands.
Who you will be working for:
You will report directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and become a member of the Operational Excellence team focused on providing the best in class support services to our internal and external customers.
About working for Lexington Manufacturing
Lexington is a highly successful business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction and Continuous Improvement. People that work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance. We like to be successful and we like to have fun. Lexington is highly respected by our customers as a responsive and very reliable supplier. Our people take pride in maintaining our good reputation.
Review the included job details and company information. If you feel like you would make a great fit for this opportunity send us your cover letter and resume.
Team based Engineer who supports the quality systems, continuous improvement and growth of the organization by sustaining and improving current processes, systems and documentation. Responsible for ensuring that the voice of the customer is considered and incorporated into all quality decisions while meeting cost and schedule requirements.
Quality Management System
- Plans, develops, promotes, and implements quality performance improvements throughout the organization.
- Monitors and audits adherence to manufacturing and quality procedures.
- Use statistics and process control knowledge to analyze performance data and drive quality performance improvement.
- Lead containment process for nonconforming product.
- Lead teams on root cause analysis and corrective actions for non-conforming product.
Supplier Quality Management
- Works with Materials group to manage and improve supplier quality.
- Acts as a liaison between departments to assure quality of parts being shipped meets the requirements of our customers.
Product Development Support
- Support quality assurance activities in scope to assist in new product development introductions.
- Leads PPAP process for new processes and products.
- Create manufacturing documentation for new production introduction
- Coordinate and lead cross functional groups to improve performance on processes demonstrating less than required capability.
- Creates, maintains, and improves documentation systems.
- Performs equipment and process capability studies.
- Audit master product data and inspection process for accurate application in the manufacturing process and against customer requirements.
- Manages request for changes/deviations of products in coordination with manufacturing and our customers.
- Identify relevant quality training needs and coordinates or conducts training sessions.
- Keep manager informed, on a timely basis, of activities and actions that could affect decisions, planning and performance.
- Perform any other duties not specifically stated herein, but which may be assigned by the Manager and are properly and logically inherent to this position
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements of education & experience, knowledge, special skills, abilities, attributes, credentials, ability to endure conditions of work environment, etc. required to perform the job).
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Computer Science or related academic field.
- Experience in the field of quality for at least 3 years, which may include: quality control, quality assurance and/or process improvement.
- Requires knowledge of industry standards and quality assurance best practices including statistical control, ISO standards, auditing, and documentation control.
- Able to write reports, business correspondence, instructions, training, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required with the ability to communicate across various levels of the organization and directly with customers.
- Successfully drive change through effective communication and ability to gather information from a diverse group and assemble reasonable solutions.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Self-motivated, work independently, detail-oriented, and able to manage multiple tasks.
- Thrives as a member of a team and openly shares support, knowledge and seeks out assistance as needed to drive towards excellence.
- Able to use computer systems software including access, excel, SPC software, and power point.
- Required to travel up to 10%-15% to visit suppliers or customers on location and to other assigned locations for training or business activities.
- Must work in a variety of work environments – Desk/Office, Plant, On-location
NOTE The information contained in this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Responsibilities within are subject to change as deemed necessary be the company.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Quality Assurance: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement