Maintenance Supervisor – Lexington Manufacturing – Coon Rapids, MN
1st shift: Monday-Friday
Lexington is a highly successful business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty/Integrity, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction, and Continuous Improvement. People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance.
- Supervises maintenance department personnel by managing work-loads and schedules to ensure on time completion of maintenance work orders and projects. Monitor quality of work performed.
- Determine actions required to repair equipment failures in a time frame that meets customer needs. Facilitate and oversee these actions to completion.
- Lead and support continuous improvement projects by contributing ideas and maintenance staff to improve safety, quality and productivity.
- May perform a variety of maintenance duties which requires a high degree of technical ability and or are complex in nature. Responsibilities may include, but not limited to, installation, modification, maintenance and repair of a variety of production machines/equipment/tools and building maintenance.
- Evaluates employee performance and perform yearly reviews. Responsible for hiring decisions along with enforcing disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensures employees are trained in complex maintenance activities and are following procedures as required.
- Supervises and coordinates all maintenance activities internal and external to include but not limited to the equipment, facility and grounds.
- Purchases replacement parts required for all machines and equipment. Maintains backup parts on critical machines to minimize the potential for machine downtime.
- Create specifications and manage scheduling for outside contractors, negotiating prices and inspect contractor’s work to ensure that work practices and operating procedures are followed.
- Plans, develops and implements preventative maintenance programs and reports adherence to these procedures to management.
- Develops and enforces policies and procedures as they pertain to maintenance responsibilities.
- Assists employees in diagnosing malfunctions or trouble shooting equipment issues.
- Communicates any concerns or delays regarding equipment performance to the applicable parties.
- Manages maintenance utility systems, to include but not limited to, heat, electric power, gas or air as required for operations.
- Keep abreast of changes to maintenance techniques, equipment, processes that could improve the company operations.
- Utilize 5S concepts to insure work areas and storage areas are maintained clean and organized.
- Two- year related technical degree
- Minimum of 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment
- Previous experience directly repairing CNC equipment, experience working with SHODA equipment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and experience with mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining, welding, electrical, plumbing and building maintenance experience preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to use all types of hand tools, power tools and measuring devices.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as maintenance instructions, manuals, prints, mechanical blueprints and electrical/pneumatic schematics
- Leadership skills and supervisor experience required
Lexington Manufacturing has 35 years of experience manufacturing a multitude of engineered components for windows, doors, and other millwork and related industries, as well as fire-rated door components for the commercial and residential door industry. Lexington was established in 1981 and has facilities in Brainerd and Coon Rapids
Job Type: Full-time
- Repairing CNC equipment: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hydraulics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Maintenance Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Pneumatics: 2 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
- Driver’s (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly