Manufacturing Engineer – Lexington Manufacturing – Brainerd, MN
This position is located in Brainerd, MN. Candidate must reside in the area.
Lexington is a highly successful business that emphasizes our values; Team, Can Do, Our Word, Growth, and People.
People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance.
Team based engineer who develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing equipment; conferring with equipment vendors defining scope of deliverable and completion dates. Responsible for ensuring that the voice of both the internal and external customers are considered and incorporated into all project solutions while meeting safety, quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Automate current future production operations.
- Spec out quote and facilitate installation of new equipment.
- Calculate return on investment for capital projects.
- Ensure accurate manufacturing cost for assigned work cells.
- Manage production startup of assigned improvements to ensure trouble free launch.
- Drive out waste throughout the operation with deployment of Lean methods
- Manage projects including communication, tracking, and follow up to ensure maximum benefit from improvement efforts.
- Establish, maintain, and follow procedures to implement process improvements and changes.
- Work with teams to revise and implement layouts to optimize process flow and utilization of space.
- Perform research and development tasks staying up to date with the latest innovations and technology for the industry.
- Work with Production teams to support process improvement efforts.
- Leads from the authority of knowledge and by example.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Keep manager informed, on a timely bases, of activities and actions that could affect decisions, planning, performance etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering related field and or 5 year’s experience in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience managing capital expenditure projects in excess of one million dollars investment.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Able to communicate effectively to gather information from a diverse group and assemble reasonable solutions.
- Able to lead teams of diverse people to arrive at valid conclusions and successfully complete projects.
- Skilled at involving people that are affected by process changes.
- Able to use computer system software including Access, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient at 3D modeling using cad software. Autodesk (Fusion, AutoCAD, Inventor) Solidworks…
- Understands and has applied lean concepts.
- Able to develop, communicate, and adhere to detailed project budgets and timelines.
- Able to write reports, and business correspondence.
- Must stay well organized.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Will take initiative.
- Ideal candidate will have experience with designing and building electrical systems to add automation features to existing processing equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- leading Capital projects: 3 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Brainerd, MN (Required)
- United States (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Monday to Friday