This full-time position serves as Lexington Manufacturing’s leader for 80+ staff working three shifts in the Coon Rapids Lexington C1 and C3 facilities. The Coon Rapids Plant Manager achieves success by guiding their team to high levels of achievement in personal wellbeing, customer satisfaction and growth goals.
What You’ll Love
- Our collaborative, empowering culture.
- Inspiring and leading others to execute production goals plans to success.
- Partnering with other company leaders to problem solve and be part of the continued growth and change with our company.
- Working within a family-focused work environment that is positive and fun.
Some realities of this position
- Our customers have high expectations of us, and we place a high value on meeting those expectations across all areas of the company.
- You’ll develop and lead your staff to achieve success. There is not time to “get in the weeds” of day-to-day issues.
- You’ll be directly responsible and held accountable for safety, quality and production performance.
- At times you must maintain a positive and professional composure while you face workplace challenges, unexpected obstacles, and changing priorities.
About working for Lexington Manufacturing
Lexington is a highly successful and growing business that emphasizes our core values:
We believe relationships matter and are committed to the wellbeing of all.
We will grow; as people, as a team and as a company.
We are resourceful and creative problem solvers who pursue excellence every day.
We do what we say; and we work to do what’s right.
We are quietly confident in our individual abilities and earn our success as a team.
We like to be successful and we like to have fun. Lexington is highly respected by our customers as a responsive and reliable supplier. Our people take pride in maintaining our good reputation.
Leadership and Management
- Be a mentor.
- Leads by example.
- Provides clear direction.
- Provide constructive feedback in a way that honors Lexington values.
- Demonstrates and supports Company culture and ensures team members, know, understand and are aligned with our Vision, Mission and Core Values.
- Partner with senior leadership in the development of strategies to meet objectives.
- Ability to understand high level strategic objectives, develop implementation strategies and work with their team to execute to success.
- Ability to identify improvement opportunities and deploy resources to successfully realize those opportunities.
- Support, develop and empower Manufacturing department leadership team in the accomplishment of goals.
- Creates and supports a positive environment that promotes accountability and personal development.
- Responsible for overall employee satisfaction, engagement and experience of assigned areas.
- Supports other departments to optimize overall organizational performance.
- Actively engages in personal development.
- Is versed in the latest manufacturing strategies and concepts; continuously looking for application opportunities at Lexington.
Production Effectiveness & Efficiency
- Manages manufacturing resources to meet production, quality and on-time in full (OTIF) goals.
- Meets production goals through planning and deployment of production resources.
- Ensures that production teams set challenging goals, are resourced to meet the challenge and held accountable to achieve those goals.
- Continuously drives to improve asset capacity and flexibility.
- Responsible for physical property and facility(s).
- Ensures compliance with all: regulatory and safety requirements; Lexington maintenance and appearance standards and wellbeing needs of internal and external customers.
- Accountable for meeting safety performance goals.
- Ensures all team members are trained to all safety processes and procedures as established by regulatory authorities and Lexington Manufacturing.
- Is a leader in driving to world class safety.
- Partners with other Lexington safety leaders to achieve safety goals.
- Accountable for meeting quality performance goals.
- Ensure all team members are trained to Lexington quality process and procedures.
- Supports and promotes a quality culture focused on continuous improvement.
- Utilization of Lean Six Sigma concepts and other process improvement techniques to advance overall improvement in safety, quality, and delivery.
- Ensures manufacturing, shipping and receiving department is trained and adheres to all processes and procedures relating to systems transaction accuracy.
- Holds team members accountable for transactional accuracy.
Procedural compliance training
- Creates and supports a culture that develops and follows manufacturing standard operating procedures (best practices) that ensure consistent performance.
- Responsible for developing and executing a plan to assure team member training and understanding of Lexington processes and procedures.
Budget Development and Management
- Contributes to the creation of departmental budget.
- Manages resources to budget.
- Reports directly to the Director of Manufacturing
- Directly supervises multiple shifts supervisors.
- 4-year college degree in Engineering, Production, Operation Management or other related Management field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of demonstrated successful servant leadership in a manufacturing or production environment. Preference given to candidates with multiple locations or experience with a team of line supervisors.
- Effective decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated success in delegation and elevation techniques.
- Strong background of using of Lean Six Sigma manufacturing techniques.
- Successful experience managing in a dynamic demand and growing environment.
If you believe you would be a good fit for this position, please apply and submit a cover letter along with your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- manufacturing: 5 years (Preferred)
- plant management: 5 years (Preferred)
- leadership: 5 years (Preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma: 4 years (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Coon Rapids, MN (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement