Lexington is a highly successful business that emphasizes our values of Safety, Honesty/Integrity, People Involvement, Customer Satisfaction, and Continuous Improvement. People who work for Lexington say they love the family-like atmosphere and our focused approach to work/family balance.
Schedule: Friday-Sunday (7am-7:05pm) Work 36 hours, receive 40 hours of pay
Pay: $19-$23 Plus $2.00 Shift Differential
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Provides leadership and work direction to other employees. May direct employees in a specific department or work cell to include but not limited to Paint, CNC, Wrap, etc or in a general production environment.
- Organizes and assigns job duties to meet production requirements and monitors work performance maintaining a high level of productivity and quality while meeting schedule due dates. Keeps supervisor informed, on a timely basis, of activities and actions that could affect decisions, planning, performance, etc.
- Communicate and enforce all company policies, including safety regulations, quality procedures, and manufacturing processes.
- Create a positive, team atmosphere that fosters an environment of high performance and daily continuous improvement as well as encourage, support, and assist in the implementation of continuous improvement activities on the shop floor.
- Works on personal continuous improvement thru training, reading, and any other opportunities for personnel growth. Provide feedback on continuous improvement ideas to improve products, processes, standards, etc.
- Requires 80% of time on production activities and 20% of time on leadership. May perform a variety of duties or operation of machines that requires a moderate to high degree of technical ability or is complex in nature.
- Provide training opportunities to build team competence. Utilize cross training methods to insure we have adequate coverage to always meet manufacturing requirements.
- Assists team in identifying and implementing solutions to improving products which fail to meet standards.
- Conducts performance appraisals for all department personnel.
- High school graduate with 2-5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Possess a positive attitude and ability to work with people both individually and in a team environment.
- Communicates well, both written and verbal.
- Possess computer skills to include Microsoft office tools (Word , Excel, and Power Point).
- Strong manufacturing skills with a good understanding of different manufacturing processes along with knowledge of Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Understands different problem solving technique and is able to apply this methodology to resolve manufacturing issues.
- Possess leadership qualities, leads from a hands on position, sets a good example and takes initiative.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS OF LEXINGTON PRODUCTION AND WAREHOUSE POSITIONS
Lexington production positions require the ability to stand for at least 8 hours on a concrete floor in a warehouse environment. Due to loud noise and dust levels, hearing and eye protection is required. The conditions and material used may be dirty. The warehouse environment may have varying hot and cold temperatures. This position requires varying degrees of standing, walking, lifting, bending, twisting and reaching with hands/arms. The position requires use of vision to inspect materials, product and machines. The ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted is required of all Lexington production positions.